Hailed by VOGUE as one of five bands in the country “guaranteed to keep your party going until the wee hours of the morning” and to take your event “from just lovely to legendary,” MIXTAPE set out to evolve a stagnant industry by offering a fresh and fetching approach to rocking weddings in every way.
Actively not your parents' wedding band while still being a band your parents will love, MIXTAPE is a non-cheesy, disco-free zone with a mantra of "No Bee Gees, no Black Eyed Peas, but everything else is fair game!" The band's infinite repertoire runs the gamut:
- Indie darlings like Phoenix, MGMT, Arcade Fire and Beck
- Motown and Soul classics like Sam Cooke, Etta James, Jackson 5 and Stevie Wonder
- Classic and Glam rockers like The Rolling Stones, David Bowie and Queen
- ’80s and New Wave gems like Hall & Oates, The Cure and Talking Heads
- ’90s and grunge favorites like Weezer, The Pixies and Nirvana
- Those special pop hits that we can all agree are awesome like Bruno Mars, Daft Punk and, of course, Michael Jackson
On the scene since 2011, the band has earned "Best of the Knot" four times, WeddingWire’s Couple’s Choice award three times, and has appeared in countless press outlets including New York Magazine, BRIDES, Martha Stewart Weddings, Huffington Post, PIX11 News and USA TODAY.
The band’s basic six-piece configuration includes a female vocalist, male vocalist/rhythm guitarist, lead guitarist, bassist, keyboardist and drummer. From there, MIXTAPE can add strings and horns for a fun and full sound and look. Comprised of conservatory-trained musicians, the band can also provide classical (or otherwise) music for ceremonies and jazz or bluegrass for cocktail hours, making for very slick one-stop à la carte shopping for wedding music.
Get in touch and follow them online at: